How to Become a Freelance Writer: The foundation of a writer’s integrity is based on writing unique content. That is why writers use different plagiarism detectors.
However, deciding on the perfect plagiarism tool can be quite challenging because several tools are available for this purpose.
Therefore, as a writer, I will discuss here 3 recommended plagiarism checkers for freelance writers. So, if you are looking for the perfect plagiarism tool to support your needs, this discussion will come in handy.
What is Plagiarism?
Plagiarism is a technique of using someone else’s ideas or words without crediting them. Therefore, writers consider it a “crime.”
However, accurately checking the plagiarism is as important as rewriting the plagiarized content. So, let’s see my recommendations.
What are the 3 Recommended Plagiarism Checkers for Freelance Writers?
The first recommended plagiarism checker for freelance writers is Copyscape.
Copyscape is one of the most famous paid plagiarism checkers because several freelance writers and their clients use it.
This tool has two products: “Copysentry” and “Copyscape Premium.”
- Copysentry – daily monitors your website content against content thefts. Hence, if someone generates a new copy of your content on the internet, it notifies you by sending you an email.
- Copyscape Premium – checks the uniqueness of the uploaded content by using its advanced AI algorithms. Its paying mechanism varies according to the length of the text. But once your content has the Copyscape-passed badge, it won’t need any other plagiarism detection tests.
Why Should You Choose Copyscape?
- Although the UI of the website looks old, it has set the gold standards in the content writing industry. Therefore, people respect when a writer says his content is Copyscape-passed (in the content writing industry).
- It provides the necessary protection against content theft by adding a Copyscape badge and banner to your website’s content.
- If you are a WordPress blogger, you will be pleased to know that this tool also provides API integration.
Problems with Copyscape:
- The pricing mechanism of this tool is a bit weird because it charges 3 cents for every 200 words and an additional 1 cent for extra 100 words.
The second recommended plagiarism checking tool for freelancers is Check-Plagiarism.
If you are a beginner freelancer, you can try it.
Like most plagiarism detectors, this plagiarism checker allows the users to copy/paste the text or upload the document file.
It works by checking the sentence-by-sentence plagiarism and uses red and green colors to differentiate between the unique and plagiarized content.
Hence, when the tool detects some plagiarism in the content, it marks that sentence with a red color. Let us say you run some sentences and the results are as follow
It shows the matching URL against the plagiarized line. This way, the user can navigate to the matched URL with one click.
Why Should You Select Check-Plagiarism?
- Users can scan 5000 words for plagiarism without any cost. And can scan 15,000 words per search in its premium package.
- You can check multiple documents for plagiarism at once because it supports .doc, .docx, .pdf or .txt files.
- According to the official website, this tool is completely secure because it doesn’t save the uploaded document and text.
- Apart from the plagiarism checkers, you can cite the sources in APA, Chicago, and MLA formats.
- This tool also has a WordPress plugin, which you can use to scan for plagiarized content from the admin panel.
- You can use its website widget to place the plagiarism checker on any website.
- This tool also provides plagiarism APIs, which you can use in your plagiarism software to check the plagiarism directly from servers.
Downsides of Check Plagiarism:
- For 5000+ words you need to buy its premium plan
The last recommendation in the “3 recommended plagiarism checkers for freelance writers” guide is the plagiarism tool of rephrase.info. This tool is another free option on this list.
But amongst the discussed tools, this one has the simplest layout. Hence, it would be ideal for beginner writers.
Like the second tool, the plagiarism tool of Rephrase.info also uses red and green colors to differentiate between the plagiarized and unique content.
Why Should You Pick the Plagiarism Tool of Rephrase.info?
- It uses an AI-based deep search algorithm to check for plagiarism in blogs, e-papers, social media content, and published PDFs.
- You can check for plagiarism in three languages:
- It is completely free.
- The UI of this web-based tool is simple. Hence, it is ideal for beginner freelance writers.
- According to the website, they don’t sell or store the uploaded documents.
- If your content is plagiarized, you can use its paraphrasing tool to rewrite the plagiarized content with the help of AI.
- You will find a grammar checker along with the plagiarism detector of Rephrase.info.
Disadvantages of Using the Plagiarism Tool of Rephrase.info:
- It only accepts 1000 words (per search). So if your article has a word count of more than that you can not run it in one go.
How to Finalize a Plagiarism Detector? – the Guide
The satisfaction of clients is the priority of every freelancer. So, before deciding to use a plagiarism checker, you should ask your client about his preference for plagiarism detection tools.
However, this scenario only works for long-term clients. So, you can use Copyscape for short-term clients because it is a universal tool in the world of freelancing.
Which One is the Best Plagiarism Checker? – Final Verdict
Freelancing is a business and you should compromise nothing for your business. Hence, if you are a full-time freelance writer and if you can afford it, I recommend using Copyscape.com.
However, if you are a part-time writer, you can use the free plagiarism checker of Rephrase.info or Check-plagiarism.com because they are the best free plagiarism checkers.
Both tools came with a free grammar checker. So, you should not be worried about that.