Johnson & Wales University – Providence has an acceptance rate of 87%, which is higher than many other schools you may be applying to.
But don’t think that getting into JWU Providence is a sure thing. Admissions staff will still review your application to see if you are a good fit for the school.
With a student-to-faculty ratio of 16 to 1, Johnson & Wales University – Providence is about average in that regard, as the national average is 15 to 1. While this doesn’t directly translate to class size, it’s a good indicator of how much time professors will have to spend with their students on an individual basis.
When evaluating how much access students will have to their professors, some people like to look at the percentage of full-time professors. This is because part-time faculty may not have as much time to spend on campus as their full-time counterparts.
Why Choose Johnson & Wales University?
If you are looking for a school where you can meet people from all over the world, discover new perspectives and make interesting friends, look no further. Johnson & Wales University currently has 8,682 students from 65 different countries.
JWU is committed to making a quality education as accessible and affordable as possible, and they have taken proactive steps to manage student debt by increasing institutional aid over the past several years.
Approximately 97% of all JWU on-campus students receive scholarships and/or grants from the university, often making a JWU education more affordable than at other universities.
The career achievement ratio is a commonly accepted way of measuring student performance. It reflects the percentage of students who are either employed, continuing their education, enlisted in the military, or doing volunteer service within six months of graduation.
JWU’s rate has historically been higher than the national average because its students already have the skills and experience employers are looking for.
Is It Hard To Get Into Johnson & Wales University?
Johnson & Wales University is not that hard to get into, with an acceptance rate of 87%. Half of the applicants admitted to Johnson and Wales have an SAT score between 1000 and 1190 or an ACT score between 19 and 26.
Out of every 100 applicants, 31 are accepted. This means that the school is very selective. If you meet Johnson & Wales’ requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT, and other program components, you have a good chance of getting in.
In general, JWU seeks a minimum grade point average of C+ for admission. A lower GPA and curriculum level require a more thorough review of the overall application package. There are certain majors that may have GPA, coursework, academic, or other requirements.
What Is Johnson & Wales Acceptance Rate 2023?
Johnson & Wales University has an acceptance rate of 87%. It has the 10th lowest acceptance rate in Rhode Island.
Johnson & Wales University in Providence is a no-nonsense institution with a very good chance of being accepted if you meet the admissions requirements. Last year, 8,776 out of 10,145 applicants were accepted.
The 2020 acceptance rate for Johnson & Wales University in Providence was 86.5% (8,776 admitted out of 10,145 applications).
This is lower than the 2019 acceptance rate of 92.7%. In the period from 2019 to 2020, the number of applicants decreased by −13.1%, and admissions decreased by −18.9%.
What Is Johnson & Wales Transfer Acceptance Rate 2023?
Johnson & Wales University in Providence had an overall transfer acceptance rate of 92.8% for fall 2020, with over 11,600 applications. These numbers include both in-state and out-of-state applicants. Currently, we do not have data on the number of transfers accepted.
Johnson & Wales Acceptance Rate by Major
Admission to Johnson & Wales University is selective with an acceptance rate of 87%.
- Foodservice systems administration/management35.2%
- Business administration and management17.1%
- Hospitality administration/management12.6%
- Parks, recreation and leisure facilities management5.5%
- Small business administration/management5.5%
- Hotel/motel administration/management4%
- Marketing/marketing management3.5%
- Fashion merchandising3%
- Tourism and travel services management2.5%
- General studies2%
Johnson & Wales Admission Requirements
To be eligible for admission to Johnson & Wales University, international applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Completed official application with all necessary data.
- All official academic transcripts, certificates or transcripts from the institution where you completed your secondary/higher education.
- Minimum IELTS, TOEFL scores to prove English proficiency.
- Even for postgraduate admissions, similar documents are also required, but some other documents are also required. Here is a list of these documents:
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- Resume or CV
- Certified bank statement or government sponsorship letter confirming financial support
- A completed financial declaration form, signed by both the applicant and the sponsor
- A copy of the biographical part of the applicant’s valid passport
- Minimum average score: They evaluate each application based on transcripts, work history and community involvement to get a holistic view of each student.
- Official transcripts: Transfer students must submit BOTH an official high school equivalency or high school transcript AND transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- SAT Scores: ACT or SAT scores are optional for general admission. However, admission to the honors program requires scores on at least one of these standardized tests. *Please refer to the course catalog for majors that may require SAT scores for admission
- Letters of recommendation: Accepted, but not required
- Essay: Not required
- Application fee: None
- Interview: A campus visit is not required, but highly recommended.
- Other requirements: If you are currently enrolled at another college, it is your responsibility to have updated transcripts sent to JWU as soon as final grades are available (or within the first semester of enrollment).
What GPA Do I Need To Get Into Johnson & Wales University?
The average GPA at Johnson & Wales University is 3.2. With a GPA of 3.2, Johnson & Wales University accepts below-average students.
It’s okay to be a student with a B average with some A’s. It’s best to avoid C’s and D’s as application readers may question whether you can handle the stress of college professors.
If you’re a current junior or senior, it’s difficult to change your GPA in time for college. If your GPA is at or below your school’s GPA (3.2), you’ll need a higher SAT or ACT score to make up for it.
This will help you compete effectively with other applicants who have higher GPAs than you.
What Are The Decision Dates?
Johnson & Wales University does not offer early decisions, but it does offer early action.
The early bird deadline is November 15th, which is fast approaching! Johnson & Wales University Providence will release EA admissions decisions no later than December 15.
Some students apply to college early because they believe it will improve their chances. Early deadlines can increase your chances of being accepted because applying early shows that you are very interested in the school and your application is considered before all standard decision applicants apply.
Fall Semester Deadlines
|Early Action Timeline
|Admissions Notification Date
Transfer students can apply at any time.
How To Apply To Johnson & Wales University
Johnson & Wales University-Providence has a high acceptance rate of 93%. The application process and admission to Johnson & Wales University in Providence is quite simple and involves a total of 4 steps, namely:
Step 1 to be completed by a prospective candidate: Apply. The first step in the JWUP admissions process is to submit an application. to the university. Interested candidates may apply to the university by calling the university at (401) 598-1000 or online.
Those interested in applying may also visit the university office directly at 8 Abbott Park Place, Providence, Rhode Island 02903-3703. They may also contact the Johnson & Wales University Providence Admissions Office by phone.
Step 2 in the Application Process – JWUP Acceptance In addition, after applying to the university, in order to receive an admissions decision, students must submit the following documents: an essay submission, transcripts or academic records, and an official SAT score.
Additional documents or information may be requested when the University has completed its review of applications. Step 3 includes confirmation of attendance. Applicants must confirm attendance at Johnson & Wales University-Providence in order to complete the third step.
They will also have to choose their accommodation and complete the financial registration process. Reviewing and verifying your account and financial aid resumes (scholarships, fees, and tuition), choosing your housing option, choosing your payment plan, and making your first payment are some of the processes involved in applying to university.
Applicants will be required to pass math and English language assessments before proceeding with class registration. In step 4, candidates must register for courses. After completing all the processes mentioned above, candidates will have to register for the courses.
Johnson & Wales University offers undergraduate admissions in a variety of majors. The University provides similar application procedures and requirements for domestic undergraduate applicants as well as for foreign applicants. However, the university also asks domestic applicants to provide ACT and SAT scores.
All JWU Online Bachelor of Science programs require either two full years of full-time work experience after the date of high school graduation or require a degree or equivalent prior to admission for local students. Along with this, transcripts are also required.
Johnson & Wales Acceptance Rate 2023 FAQs
What Is Johnson & Wales University Freshmen Retention Rate?
The freshman retention rate tells us what percentage of first-year full-time students choose to continue their studies in the second year of a particular school. The rate at Johnson & Wales University – Providence is 70%, which is about average compared to the national rate of 68%.
What Is Johnson & Wales University Graduation Rate?
The on-time graduation rate for those pursuing a bachelor’s degree is typically four years. This rate at JWU Providence for first-time full-time students is 54%, which is better than the national average of 33.3%.
How Much Is Johnson & Wales University?
JWU Providence’s overall average net price is $26,775. School affordability largely depends on your financial needs, as the net price varies by income bracket. Below is a table of net prices for different income groups.
Does Johnson & Wales University Require SAT?
We have not found any information that Johnson & Wales University requires taking the SAT Subject Tests, so it is likely not required. You should double check at least 6 months before applying to make sure you have enough time to take the test.
- collegefactual.com – Johnson & Wales University – Providence
- thecollegemonk.com – Johnson & Wales University Admission Requirements 2022
- BYU Hawaii Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- UCSB Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admission, Requirements And How To Apply
- Devry University Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- Notre Dame Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- University of Tokyo Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- Catholic University Of America Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How To Apply
- Northwestern Transfer Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply