How to Apply for U.S Scholarships with Visa and Work Permit – Visa Requirements and Types

‍This brief article will provide you information on finding and applying for U.S Scholarships with Visa and Work Permit. If you desire to study in the United States of America on scholarship or regular student, team has has made it easier for you to access information on how to view opportunities, how to apply for U.S Student Visa, Visa requirements, Visa application procedure and other relevant information.

What is a U.S Scholarship?

A U.S scholarship is a type of international scholarship that allows students to study in the United States and earn a degree or certification. U.S scholarships with visa and work permit are awarded to a small number of students who are selected for a specific degree or program, including graduate degrees. U.S scholarships with work permit offer a unique opportunity for students to earn a degree from a U.S university at little to no cost. Students who receive U.S scholarships will have a source of income to take care of other expenses.

Benefits of a U.S Scholarship

  • Access to Affordable Education – A U.S scholarship gives you access to an affordable education from an accredited university in the United States. U.S scholarships provide the opportunity to earn a degree from a top school at a low cost or even at no cost.
  • No or Low Residency Requirements – Because U.S Scholarships are not government funded, they may not have residency requirements. You may be able to study in the U.S on a U.S scholarship while remaining in your home country.
  • No Language Requirements – Some scholarships may not require students to be proficient in English. If you receive a scholarship with a language requirement, you may be able to take English proficiency courses while studying in the U.S.
  • Early Admissions – Some U.S scholarship programs begin in the summer or fall, before traditional admission seasons. You can apply for a U.S scholarship as an early applicant and receive a response before other students who apply for admissions later.
  • Additional Funding Opportunities – Receiving a U.S Scholarship may open up additional funding opportunities, such as Fulbright scholarships, graduate assistantships, and private scholarships.

Types of U.S Scholarships

There are many types of U.S scholarships. Some are awarded based on academic excellence, others are discretionary awards and many have specific criteria.


  • Academic Awards – Academic awards are merit-based scholarships that reward high-achieving students. Academic awards may be offered by individual schools or national organizations.
  • Athletic Awards – Athletic awards are based on athletic ability or performance. Athletes can apply for scholarships to cover the cost of tuition and academic fees.
  • Cultural Awards – Cultural awards are based on ethnicity, race, or a connection to a specific region. Cultural awards include the Fulbright Scholarship and Critical Language Scholarship.
  • Diversity Awards – Universities and organizations offer diversity scholarships to encourage diversity in higher education.
  • Discretionary Awards – Some scholarships are not based on any specific criteria and instead are awarded to students who demonstrate financial need or are members of underrepresented groups.
  • Special Awards – Some awards are given to students who wish to study a specific topic, such as sustainable development or conservation biology.

How to Find U.S Scholarships with Work Permit

The best way to find U.S scholarships with work permit is to start researching today. Start with the resources below, then review the requirements of your degree program and essay topics to identify the best scholarships for you. You can find U.S scholarships by:

Creating a Scholarship Profile – Create a free scholarship profile on Cappex to make it easier to track and apply for scholarships. Your profile will include all the information you need to apply for scholarships, including your essay topics.

Conducting a Scholarship Search – Use scholarship search engines to find U.S scholarships with work permit. Scholarship databases and directories include Cappex, FinAid, and You can also search national and international organizations to find scholarship opportunities.

Applying for Scholarships – Once you have identified scholarships that fit your profile, apply as soon as possible. Some scholarships have early deadlines, and all scholarships have application deadlines.

Tracking Your Applications – Keep track of which scholarships you’ve applied for and when you’ll receive a decision. This will help you identify scholarship options as you move through the application process.

How to Apply for U.S Student Visa

A foreign national who wants to enter the United States often needs to first get a visa, either an immigrant visa for long-term residency or a nonimmigrant visa for short-term travel. To study in the United States, you need a student visa. Your intended study program and the kind of school you intend to attend will determine the sort of visa you require.

Applying for a visa involves numerous processes. Depending on the U.S. Embassy or Consulate, these processes may be done in a different order or in a different way. Please refer to the guidelines posted on the website of the embassy or consulate.


Online U.S Student Visa Application

  • Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application – Find out more about finishing the DS-160. In order to attend your interview, you must: 1) finish the online visa application; and 2) print the confirmation page of the application form.
  • Photo – When completing the online Form DS-160, you will add your photo. The format of your photo must follow the guidelines in the photograph requirements.

U.S Student Visa Requirements

There are required document for US students Visa application. You will need to prepare the documents before your Visa interview.

  • Passport required for travel to the United States – Unless specifically exempted by country-specific agreements, your passport must be valid for at least six months after your intended duration of stay in the United States. Each person requiring a visa, including any family members indicated in your passport, must complete a separate application.
  • Confirmation page for the Nonimmigrant Visa Application Form DS-160.
  • If you must pay your application fee in advance of your interview, a receipt will be provided.
  • Photo – While completing the online Form DS-160, you will add your photo. You must bring one printed photo in the format specified in the photograph requirements if the photo upload fails.
  • Certificate of Nonimmigrant Eligibility (F-1) Student Status: Form I-20 or Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Students for Academic and Language Study (M-1) Form I-20: Student Status for Vocational Students Once your information has been submitted into the SEVIS database, your school will issue you a Form I-20. The I-20 must be signed by you and a representative of your school. The Student and Exchange Visitor System must be used by all students (SEVIS). Your spouse and/or minor children will each obtain a unique Form I-20 if they wish to live in the United States with you..

More Documentation May Be Required

You will be interviewed by a consular official to ascertain your eligibility for a student visa; and may request further documentation, such as proof of:

  • Your academic preparation, such as:
    • Transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or certificates from schools you attended; and
    • Standardized test scores required by your U.S. school;
  • Your intent to depart the United States upon completion of the course of study; and
  • How you will pay all educational, living and travel costs where applicable.

More Information on US Students Visa Application

  • You can’t be certain that you’ll get a visa. Make no final travel arrangements or purchases of tickets until you receive a visa.
  • Review Students and Employment and Form I-765 Work Authorization Instructions on the USCIS website for details about working while you are a student here.
  • View the material on the SEVP website under Do Students Returning from Temporary Absences Need New Visas if you need to take a brief vacation from your studies.
  • Consult your Designated School Officials if your student visa is still valid and you are outside of the US.
  • children and a spouse
    • You may apply for an F-2 or M-2 visa if your spouse and any minor children who will not be married plan to live with you while you are a student. Your institution must provide them with a unique Form I-20, which they must use to submit their visa applications, even though paying the SEVIS fee is not necessary. You must present evidence of your relationship as well as a copy of your F-1 or M-1 visa.
    • You are allowed to bring your minor children with you to attend school in the US.
    • Applications for visas based on same-sex marriages will be decided upon by U.S. Embassies and Consulates in the same manner as applications for spouses of opposing sexes.
  • A current U.S. visa is still valid in an old passport. A visa is valid until the expiration date unless it is cancelled or revoked. Do not remove a valid visa from a passport that has expired if it is present. For travel and entry into the United States, you may utilize both the valid visa in your expired passport and the new, valid passport.

Tips for applying for U.S Scholarships

Narrow Your Search – First, narrow your search to the type of scholarship that best fits your situation. Next, identify the best and most appropriate scholarship for you. If you are applying for a large number of scholarships, remember that each application takes time. You will be better off applying for fewer scholarships with which you have a better chance of being accepted.

Start Now – Apply for U.S scholarships as soon as you can. Begin the application process during your senior year of high school, and keep applying as you finish college.

Organize Yourself – Make sure you have all the information you need to apply for scholarships in one place. This can include personal information, essay topics, scholarship deadlines, and contact information.

Stay Positive – Scholarships require effort and persistence. Keep a positive attitude, and don’t get discouraged if you don’t receive a scholarship. Keep applying, and you will find the right scholarship for you.

Resources for finding U.S Scholarships with Work Permit

U.S Government Scholarships – The U.S government offers a wide range of scholarship opportunities, including Fulbright and Critical Language Scholarships. You can search for U.S government scholarships.

U.S Universities – Some U.S universities offer scholarships to a limited number of international students. You can search for U.S university scholarships at

International Organizations – National and international organizations award scholarships to students who wish to study in the United States. You can search for scholarships offered by international organizations.

U.S Scholarships Websites – Scholarship websites provide information about available scholarships and application instructions. You can browse U.S scholarship websites at

International Student Organizations and Support

Many international student organizations provide support to students who wish to study in the United States. These organizations can help you find scholarships, prepare for your application, and offer advice on the U.S education system. You can find support from international student organizations by: – Joining an International Student Organization – You can find international student organizations at your university or in your community. The Association of International Education Administrators offers a list of international student organizations. – Joining a Scholarship Club – Scholarship clubs offer support to students who wish to study in the United States. You can search for scholarship clubs at

Types of Visa

In order to receive a U.S scholarship and work permit, you must first earn a degree or certification that allows you to be exempt from the 50% rule. While the 50% rule does not apply to every student, some specific situations may allow you to be exempt.

F-1 Visa – Most international students enter the U.S on an F-1 visa. If you receive a U.S scholarship and you are currently on an F-1 visa, you must change to a different visa before the end of your studies.

H-1B Visa – If you receive a U.S scholarship and are currently on an F-1 visa, you may be able to change to an H-1B visa before the end of your studies.

Other Visa Types – Other visa types may allow you to change to a visa that allows you to stay in the U.S even after your degree is complete. You may also be able to change to a visa that allows you to stay in the U.S while you apply for a change of status.

US Scholarship and Work Permit

Curricular Practical Training – Some students may qualify for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) during the course of their studies. If you receive a U.S scholarship and you’re on a student visa, you may be able to get permission from your school to work off campus. – Practical Training

*For more information on U.S Student Visa, please visit the official U.S Visa webpage.

Leave a Comment