The Rotary Foundation is glad to announce its rotary foundation scholarships 2022-2023. This scholarship is open to secondary, undergraduate, and graduate students who are financially incapable of sponsoring their education. Hence, even if you are a graduate student you can apply for the rotary foundation graduate scholarships.
The rotary foundation global grant scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship awarded to deserving students to help them achieve their academic goals as well as prepare them for a great future.
The rotary scholarships are divided into two categories:
- The Rotary Clubs scholarships: This category of Rotary scholarship is awarded to secondary, undergraduate, and graduate students. This scholarship is offered by the individual local clubs open to everyone except the members of the Rotary clubs and their families.
- The Rotary Foundation Fellowship: This category of scholarship is very specific in that, they open to college graduates and professionals who want to study courses related to peace and conflict resolution. It is otherwise called the Rotary foundation peace fellowship. This program can be taken in one of the partner universities.
It focuses on one of the rotary’s six causes:
- Promoting peace
- Fighting disease
- Providing clean water, sanitation, and hygiene
- Saving mothers and children
- Supporting education
- Growing local economies
What you need to know about the Rotary Foundation:
The Rotary Foundation is a non-governmental organization with a global network of over 1.2 million members. This comprises of friends, leaders, and problem-solvers who come together because they want a world where people unite and produce a lasting change globally.
For more than 110 years the Rotary Foundation members have used their energy and intelligence to produce some sustainable projects. These projects span across education, peace, access to good drinking water, and health care.
With 35,000+ clubs around the world, the Rotary club members believe that they share the responsibility to take action on the world’s most persistent issues.
The Rotary Foundation, being a global network strives to build a world that unites and takes action to produce a lasting future. The foundation values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of their age, ethnicity, race, color, abilities, religion, socioeconomic status, culture, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
What you need to know about the Rotary Foundation scholarships 2022-2023
Like it was started earlier the Rotary foundation scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship. The scholarship covers any length of time whether it is six weeks of language training to a year or more of university study.
Study Level/Field: The Rotary foundation scholarship is available for secondary, undergraduate, and graduate-level to study any course of their choice.
The Rotary foundation peace fellowship for graduates and professionals focuses on: Peace and conflict prevention/resolution, Disease prevention and treatment, Water and sanitation, Maternal and child health, Basic education and literacy, and Economic and community development.
Host country/Institution: Any approved University located in a country where there is a host Rotary club or district, outside of the applicant’s home country
Student Country Eligibility: The scholarship is open to international students anywhere in the world.
Scholarship worth: The minimum budget for a global grant scholarship is $30,000 which can fund the following: Passport/visa, Inoculations, Travel expenses (as specified in the grant terms and conditions), School supplies, Tuition, Room and board, Household supplies, Language training courses (but not if university admission is contingent on improvement of language skills).
Most personal and miscellaneous expenses are not covered by the scholarship funding.
Rotary foundation scholarship Eligibility
- International candidates are eligible to apply for education.
- This will be awarded either in the area of Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution or Economic and Community.
- The applicants must be following the eligibility criteria:
This scholarship is for students from outside the UK, who are planning to take up a place on a graduate course. To be eligible:
- Applicants must be from (a citizen of) a low to a middle-income country, as defined by the UK Government’s Department of International Development.
- Applicants must have been offered a place, or expect to receive an offer of a place to study on a graduate course in the academic year 2022/23. Applicants must expect to be in receipt of an offer by April 2022.
- The planned university course must fit either under Rotary’s first Areas of Focus “Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution” or the sixth Area of Focus “Economic and Community Development”.
- Applicants must be planning to study at a university within Rotary District.
- Applicants must be planning to start on a new course in the academic year 2020/21, ie this application will not be awarded to a student about to move into year two of a two-year graduate course.
- Rotarians are not eligible to apply. Applicants may not be related to a Rotarian (partner, child, or grandchild of a current Rotarian or someone who has been a Rotarian in the last three years). The studentships are funded by Global Grants and this fits with the rule that Rotarians and their families may not be beneficiaries of a Global Grant.
How to apply for the Rotary Foundation scholarship
Interested applicants can contact their local Rotary clubs via the Rotary Club Locator to inquire about how to be sponsored for the grant.
Global grant applications are submitted online. The sponsor clubs or districts create the initial application, and the scholar candidate then completes the scholar profile online.
Global grant scholarship applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year but applications should be submitted at least three months before the scholar’s intended departure date to allow adequate time for Foundation review and processing. **Each Rotary Club/District may have its own specific timeline.
- Supporting Documents: You do not need to submit any supporting documents for the award program.
- Admission Requirements: In order to apply for education, all interested applicants must be enrolled at a university in any country.
- Language Requirement: English language requirements for candidates who do not speak English as their first language.
It is important to read the Rotary Global Grant Scholarship Supplement and visit the official website for details on how to apply for the scholarship.
Application Deadline: The deadline for the first step will vary across clubs and districts and could be from January through to April for studies starting in September/October. The deadline for the second step is 30th June for studies starting in September/October
For more information on the Rotary Foundation scholarships click here